When the vehicle is being used normally, special measures are not necessary.
The following instructions must be followed very carefully, however, if you work on the electrical system or in cases where emergency starting is necessary:
– Never disconnect the battery from the electrical system while the engine is running.
– Disconnect the battery from the electrical system if you are recharging it. The modern battery chargers can discharge voltage up to 20V.
– Never perform emergency startups with a battery charger. Always use an auxiliary battery.
– Be particularly careful when connecting the battery to the electrical system. Ensure the battery posts are connected up to the right leads (the polarity is correct) and check that the connection has been made properly.
– Do not connect or disconnect the terminals of the electronic units while the ignition key is at MAR.
– Do not check polarity through sparking.
– Disconnect the electronic units if you are electrically welding the vehicle body. Remove the units if temperatures exceed 80°C (special operations on the bodywork, etc.).
If the sound system or alarm systems are not installed correctly, they can interfere with the working of the electronic control units.
Modifications or repairs to the electrical system carried out incorrectly and without bearing the features of the system in mind can cause malfunctions with the risk of fire.
Car protection system failure - fiat code
Turning the key to MAR the warning light on the dial shall flash only once and then go off. If with the ignition key at MAR the warning light stays on, this indicates a possible failure (see “Th ...
Tilt Steering Column — If Equipped
This feature allows you to tilt the steering column upward or downward. The tilt control lever is located on the left-side of the steering column, below the turn signal controls. Tilt Control ...
Accessories purchased by the owner
If after buying the car, you decide to install electrical accessories that require a permanent electric supply (alarm, satellite antitheft system, etc.) or accessories that in any case burden the ...