In the event of an impact causing air bag deployment, if the communication network remains intact, and the power remains intact, depending on the nature of the event, the ORC will determine whether to have the Enhanced Accident Response System perform the following functions:
• Cut off fuel to the engine.
• Flash hazard lights as long as the battery has power or until the ignition key is turned off.
• Turn on the interior lights, which remain on as long as the battery has power or until the ignition key is removed.
• Unlock the doors automatically.
After the event occurs, when the system is active, the message Fuel Cutoff See Handbook is displayed.
Carefully check the vehicle for fuel leaks in the engine compartment and on the ground near the engine compartment and fuel tank before resetting the system and starting the engine.
System Reset Procedure
After an impact causing air bag deployment, the left and right turn signal lights, located in the instrument panel cluster, will both be blinking, until the ignition is turned off. In order to move your vehicle to the side of the road you must follow the system reset procedure.
If a reset procedure step is not completed within 45 seconds, then the turn signal lights will turn off and the reset procedure must be performed again in order to be successful.
Range This indicates the distance which may be travelled with the fuel remaining in the tank, assuming that driving conditions will not change. The message “----” will appear on the display in th ...
Starting procedure for petrol versions
1) Ensure that the handbrake is up. 2) Put the gear lever into neutral. 3) Press the clutch pedal fully down, without pressing the accelerator. 4) Turn the ignition key to AVV and let it go the mom ...
Windows Mobile™-based FIAT BLUE&ME™ is a personal telematic system enabling you to use communication and entertainment applications expressly designed for use in the car. The BLUE&ME™ sys ...