Put on the protection gloves provided together with quick tyre repair kit.
– Pull up the handbrake. Loosen tyre inflation valve cap, take out the filler hose A-fig. 16c and screw the ring nut B-fig. 16c on the tyre valve;
– make sure the compressor switch E-fig. 16f is set to 0 (off), start the engine and fit plug D-fig. 16e into the nearest current outlet and then turn on the compressor by setting switch E-fig. 16f to I (on). Inflate the tyre to the pressure specified in paragraph “Inflation pressure” in section “Technical Specifications”. Check tyre pressure on gauge F with compressor off to obtain precise reading;
– if after 5 minutes it is still impossible to reach at least 1.5 bar, disengage compressor from valve and current outlet, then move the vehicle forth for approx. ten meters in order to distribute the sealing fluid inside the tyre evenly, then repeat the inflation operation;
– If after this operation it is still impossible after 5 minutes to reach at least 1.8 bar, do not start driving since the tyre is excessively damaged and the quick tyre repair kit cannot guarantee suitable sealing, contact Fiat Dealership;
– if reaching the tyre pressure specified in paragraph “Inflation pressure” in section “Technical Specifications”, start driving immediately;
Apply the sticker in a visible position for the driver to indicate that the tyre has been treated with the quick tyre repair kit. Drive carefully especially when cornering. Do not exceed 80 km/h. Avoid heavy braking and accelerating.
– after driving for about 10 minutes stop and check again the tyre pressure;
pull up the handbrake;
If the pressure falls below 1.8 bars, do not drive any further: the quick tyre repair kit Fix & Go automatic cannot guarantee proper hold because the tyre is too much damaged. Contact Fiat Dealership.
– if at least 1.8 bar pressure is read, restore proper pressure (with engine running and handbrake on) and restart;
– drive with the utmost care to the nearest Fiat Dealership.
It is of vital importance to communicate that the tyre has been repaired using the quick tyre repair kit. Hand the instruction brochure to the personnel charged with treating the tyre repaired with the kit.
Installing Child Restraints Using The Vehicle SeatBelt
The seat belts in the passenger seating positions are equipped with an Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) to secure a Child Restraint System (CRS). These types of seat belts are designed to keep th ...
Accessories purchased by the owner
If after buying the car, you decide to install electrical accessories that require a permanent electric supply (alarm, satellite antitheft system, etc.) or accessories that in any case burden the ...
Adding Washer Fluid
The windshield washer fluid reservoir is located in the engine compartment, and the fluid level should be checked at regular intervals. Fill the reservoir with windshield washer solvent (not engin ...