– The jack weighs 1.85 kg
– The jack requires no adjustments
– The jack cannot be repaired. If it breaks it must be replaced with a new jack
– No tool with the exception of the handle can be fitted on the jack.
To change a wheel proceed as follows:
1) Stop the vehicle in a position that is not dangerous for oncoming traffic where you can change the wheel safely.
The ground should be flat and adequately firm.
2) Turn the engine off and pull up the handbrake.
3 Engage first or reverse gear.
4) Either move the left-hand front seat back forwards (Fiat Doblò Cargo versions) lifting lever A-fig. 2 and take the tool bag shown in fig. 3 or lift the rear seat (for Fiat Doblò Passenger Transport versions) with lever Bfig.
4 and take the bag shown in fig.
5. Take the bag to the wheel to be replaced.
5) Take the wheel removal wrench.
6) Loosen the bolt fastening the spare wheel with the wrench A-fig. 6.
To reach the bolt, lift the flap on the panel.
7) Release the wheel from the safety wire and remove the wheel.
8) If the vehicle is fitted with alloy rims, shake the vehicle to facilitate removing the rim from the wheel hub.
9) Loosen the bolts on the wheel to be replaced with the tool provided.
10) Operate the handle A-fig. 7 to partially open the jack. Position the jack under the vehicle at the reference points A-fig. 8 near the wheel to be replaced.
11) Insert the handle and open the jack so that groove A-fig. 9 on the jack fits into the lower ribbing B on the sidemember.
12) Alert other passengers that the vehicle is about to be raised; all persons should be kept away from the vehicle until it has been lowered.
13) Operate the jack and lift the vehicle until the wheel to be changed is several centimeters off the ground.
When turning the jack handle make sure that it can be used easily and take care not to scrape your hand against the ground. The moving parts of the jack (screw and joints) may also cause injury if touched. Clean off any grease.
14) Remove the four wheel bolts are remove the wheel.
15) Ensure that the housings for the wheel bolts on the spare wheel are clean and free from dirt which could cause the wheel bolts to come loose.
16) Fit the spare wheel making the holes A-fig. 10 coincide with the respective centring pins B.
17) Where relevant, take small wheel cup and fasten the four fastening screws.
18) Turn the jack handle to lower the vehicle and remove the jack.
19) Fasten bolts completely, working in a criss-cross fashion as shown in fig. 11.
20) To versions with large wheel cup, make symbol “ fig. 12 coincide with the inflation valve. Fasten the four bolts are shown in 19).
When you have finished
1) Arrange the wheel you have replaced in the specific housing under the floor bed and secure the safety wire Afig.
14 a into clip B.
2) Hook the top of support bracket C-fig. 15 to the anchoring ring D and tighten the support locking bolt fig. 6.
In certain Passengers Transport versions instead of the traditional spare wheel, a space-saver spare wheel is provided. For anchoring to support proceed as follows:
– If the space-saver spare wheel is used, the spacer pad cannot be refitted on the outer side of the standard wheel rim but it shall be stowed temporarily in the luggage compartment.
– When fitting the space-saver spare wheel back onto container, fit the spacer tab on the outer side of the rim, then position the space-saver spare wheel with the outer side of the rim fig. 14b facing upwards – hook the lower side of the support bracket C-fig. 16 to the anchoring spring D and tighten the support bolt fig. 6.
3) Put the jack and tools back in the tool bag.
4) Rearrange the tool bag behind the left-hand side seat (Fiat Dobló Cargo versions) or under the rear seat (Fiat Doblò Passengers Transport versions).
5) Fasten the bag with the elastic band.
Do not use inner tubes with tubeless tyres.
Check the inflation pressure of the tyres and the spare wheel regularly.
Use the extension shown in fig. 13 to fasten or loosen the inflation valve cap.
25. Temperature Gauge
The temperature digital scale shows engine coolant temperature. Any reading within the normal range indicates that the engine cooling system is operating satisfactorily. The gauge pointer will lik ...
Introduction This chapter describes the operation of the CD player only. To operate the radio, refer to the description in the “Functions and Adjustments” chapter. CD Player Selection To activate ...
Installing The LATCH – Compatible ChildRestraint System
We urge you to carefully follow the directions of the manufacturer when installing your child restraint. Not all child restraint systems will be installed as described here. Again, carefully foll ...