The following precautions should be taken if the vehicle will not be used for several months:
– Park the vehicle in covered, dry and if possible well-ventilated premises.
– Engage a gear.
– Make sure the handbrake is not engaged.
– Remove the cables from the battery terminals (first remove the cable to the negative terminal), and check the battery charge. If the vehicle is to be stored for long periods the charge of the battery should be checked every month and recharged if it falls below 12.5V.
Where relevant, switch off the electronic alarm with the remote control.
– Clean and protect the painted parts using protective wax.
– Clean and protect the shiny metal parts using special compounds readily available.
– Sprinkle talcum powder on the rubber windscreen and rear window wiper blades and lift them off the glass.
– Slightly open the windows.
– Cover the vehicle with a cloth or perforated plastic sheet. Do not use sheets of non-perforated plastic as they do not allow moisture on the vehicle body to evaporate.
– Inflate the tyres to 0.5 bar above the normal specified pressure and check it at intervals.
– Do not drain the engine cooling system.
Front And Side Impact Sensors
In front and side impacts, impact sensors can aid the ORC in determining appropriate response to impact events. ...
Air bag failure
(red) (where provided) Turning the ignition key to MAR the warning light turns on, but it should go off after few seconds. The warning light stays on glowing steadily if there is a failure in th ...
If an interior light burns out
For the type of bulb and power rating, see “When needing to change a bulb”. ...