Knob D-fig. 72 directs the air inside the passenger compartment according to five levels:
conveys the air to the central and side vents directly to the body (face/chest);
conveys warmer air to the lower vents and cooler air to the central vents and dashboard vents (bilevel);
exploits the characteristic of warm air to move upwards ensuring a faster warming of the passenger compartment;
ensures good passenger compartment warming and prevents misting up at the same time;
all the air is conveyed to the windscreen and front side windows for demisting and defrosting.
The distribution levels are graphically illustrated in the following figures.
1) Air temperature knob C: pointer in the red sector.
2) Fan knob A: pointer at the required speed.
3) Air distribution knob D: pointer at
to warm the feet and demist the windscreen at the same time;
to convey air to the feet and cooler air to the central vents and dashboard vents;
for fast heating.
1) Close the vents on the dashboard.
2) Air temperature knob A: pointer at in the red sector.
3) Fan knob A at fourth speed, pointer at 4 .
4) Air temperature knob D: pointer at
Demisting and defrosting the windscreen and the front side windows
This function - called max-def - is obtained by turning the control pointers to the orange symbols, specifically:
1) Air temperature knob A: pointer at in the red sector.
2) Fan knob B: pointer at top speed 4.
3) Air distribution knob D: pointer at.
4) Slider B at
After demisting and/or defrosting, operate the controls to restore the required comfort.
To prevent misting up:
If the outside air is very damp, if it is raining and/or if there is a considerable difference between temperature inside and outside the vehicle, prevent the windows from misting up as follows:
– slider B at ;
– air temperature knob C: pointer at in the red sector;
– fan knob A at second speed or faster, pointer at 2;
– air distribution knob D: pointer at ; switch to if the windows start misting up.
If the vehicle has a climate control system, you are recommended to adjust the controls as described above and press button A-fig. 78 to speed up the demisting process.
Demisting and defrosting the rear window/s
Press button The electric mirror demisting device also comes on.
Warning light on the instrument panel will turn on.
You are advised to switch the button off as soon as the rear window is clear.
1) Centre and side vents: completely open.
2) Air temperature knob C: pointer in the blue sector.
3) Slider B at
4) Fan knob A: pointer at the required speed.
5) Air distribution knob D: pointer at
With the slider B at the internal air is recalculated.
This function is particularly useful when the outside air is heavily polluted (in a traffic jam, tunnel, etc.) and when running on dusty roads. You are advised against using this function for long periods, however, especially if there are a lot of people in the vehicle or on cold or rainy days since the windows could mist up effecting visibility and driving.
Periodic Safety Checks You Should Make OutsideThe Vehicle
Tires Examine tires for excessive tread wear and uneven wear patterns. Check for stones, nails, glass, or other objects lodged in the tread or sidewall. Inspect the tread for cuts and cracks. Ins ...
Opening the driver’s door when the key is in the ignition and the ignition switch position is OFF/LOCK, sounds a signal to remove the key. ...
Vehicle Identification Number
The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is found on the left front corner of the instrument panel, visible through the windshield. This number also appears engraved on the right front door sill un ...