For children from 22 kg up to 36 kg the size of the child’s chest no longer requires a support to space the child’s back from the seat back.
Fig. 17 shows proper child seat positioning on the rear seat.
Children taller than 1.50 m can wear seat belts like adults.
Passenger seat compliance with regulations on child’s seat use
Fiat Doblò complies with the new EC Directive 2000/3/CE regulating child’s seat assembling on the different vehicle seats according to the table below:
U = suitable for child restraint systems of the “Universal” category, according to European Standard ECE-R44 for the specified “Groups”.
X = Unsuitable for children in this group.
To sum up the safety precautions to follow when transporting children
1) The recommended position for installing child’s seat is on the rear seat, as it is the most protected in the case of a crash.
In vehicles fitted with passenger airbag, never place child’s restraint systems on the front seat.
2) If the passenger’s airbag is deactivated always check the warning light on the instrument panel to make sure that it has actually been deactivated.
3) Attain to the instructions for fastening the specific child restraint system which you are using. These instructions must be provided by the manufacturer. Keep the child restraint system installation instructions with the vehicle documents and with this Handbook. Never use a child restraint system without installation instructions.
4) Always check the seat belt is well fastened by pulling the webbing.
5) Only one child is to be strapped to each retaining system.
6) Always check the seat belts do not fit around the child’s throat.
7) While traveling, do not let the child sit incorrectly or release the belts.
8) Passengers should never carry children on their laps. No-one, however strong they are, can hold a child in the event of a crash.
9) Replace the child restraint system after an accident.
General features The “Trip computer” displays information (with ignition key at MAR, relating to the operating status of the vehicle. This function comprises the “General trip” concerning the comp ...
20. Brake Warning Light
This light monitors various brake functions, including brake fluid level and parking brake application. If the Brake Warning Light turns on it may indicate that the parking brake is applied, tha ...
The white area of the scale shows the permissible engine revolutions-per-minute (RPM x 1000) for each gear range. Before reaching the red area, ease up on the accelerator to prevent engine damage. ...