If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position,
you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever: 1. Firmly
set the parking brake.
2. Remove the shift lever override access cover located on the right side of the shift lever housing.
Shift Lever Override Access Cover
3. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine.
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a small screwdriver or similar tool, push and hold the override release lever in.
6. Move the shift lever into the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) — Air Bags
This vehicle has Advanced Front Air Bags for both the driver and front passenger as a supplement to the seat belt restraint systems. The driver’s Advanced Front Air Bag is mounted in the center of ...
Jacking the vehicle
WITH THE JACK See “If a tyre is punctured”, in this section. The jack should only be used to change a wheel on the vehicle for which it was designed. It should not be put to other uses or employe ...
REPLACEMENT Petrol versions Loosen the screws on the side and on the air cleaner cover, remove the cover A-fig. 17 and remove the filtering element to be replaced. 1.9 Multijet versions Loosen ...