Pull over to a safe location. Refer to “Whenever You Stop to Use TIREFIT” before continuing.
1. Turn the Mode Select Knob (5) to the Air Mode position.
2. Uncoil the power plug and insert the plug into the vehicle’s 12 Volt power outlet.
3. Uncoil the Air Pump Hose (7) (black in color) and screw the fitting at the end of hose (7) onto the valve stem.
4. Check the pressure in the tire by reading the Pressure Gauge (3).
If tire pressure is less than 19 psi (1.3 Bar) , the tire is too badly damaged. Do not attempt to drive the vehicle further. Call for assistance.
If the tire pressure is 19 psi (1.3 bar) or higher:
1. Press the Power Button (4) to turn on TIREFIT and inflate the tire to the pressure indicated on the tire and loading information label on the driver-side door opening.
NOTE: If the tire becomes over-inflated, press the Deflation Button to reduce the tire pressure to the recommended inflation pressure before continuing.
2. Disconnect the TIREFIT kit from the valve stem, reinstall the cap on the valve stem and unplug from 12 Volt outlet.
3. Place the TIREFIT kit in its proper storage area in the vehicle.
4. Have the tire inspected and repaired or replaced at the earliest opportunity at an authorized dealer or tire service center.
5. Replace the Sealant Bottle (1) and Sealant Hose (6) assembly at your authorized dealer as soon as possible.
Refer to “(F) Sealant Bottle and Hose Replacement.” NOTE: When having the tire serviced, advise the authorized dealer or service center that the tire has been sealed using the TIREFIT service kit.
New engines improve efficiency
To demonstrate its technical excellence, at the heart of the 2012 Punto is a revamped range of five petrol and two diesel engines. Each offers a varying degree of driveability and class-leading ef ...
Starting procedure for petrol versions
Proceed as follows: ❒ Ensure that the handbrake is up; ❒ Put the gear lever into neutral; ❒ Press the clutch pedal down to the floor without touching the accelerator; ❒ ...
Quick windscreen and front side window demisting/defrosting (MAX-DEF function)
Proceed as follows: ❒ turn knob (A) to ; ❒ turn knob (C) to 4 ; ❒ turn knob (D) to ; ❒ slider (B) at . After demisting/defrosting, operate the controls to restore the ...