The gas cap is located on the passenger side of the vehicle. If the gas cap is lost or damaged, be sure the replacement cap is the correct one for this vehicle.
Fuel Filler Cap
• Damage to the fuel system or emission control system could result from using
an improper fuel cap (gas cap). A poorly fitting cap could let impurities into the
fuel system. Also, a poorly fitting aftermarket cap can cause the “Malfunction Indicator
Light (MIL)” to illuminate, due to fuel vapors escaping from the system.
• To avoid fuel spillage and overfilling, do not “top off” the fuel tank after filling.
• Never have any smoking materials lit in or near the vehicle when the gas
cap is removed or the tank is being filled.
• Never add fuel when the engine is running. It may cause the MIL to turn on and could cause a fire.
• A fire may result if gasoline is pumped into a portable container that is inside of a vehicle. You could be burned. Always place gas containers on the ground while filling.
• When the fuel nozzle “clicks” or shuts off, the fuel tank is full.
• Tighten the gas cap about 1/4 turn until you hear one click. This is an indication that the cap is properly tightened.
• If the gas cap is not tightened properly, the MIL will come on. Be sure the gas cap is tightened every time the vehicle is refueled.
Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
The ORC is part of a Federally regulated safety system required for this vehicle. The ORC determines if deployment of the front and/or side air bags in a frontal or side collision is required. Bas ...
Emissions Inspection And MaintenancePrograms
In some localities, it may be a legal requirement to pass an inspection of your vehicle’s emissions control system. Failure to pass could prevent vehicle registration. For states that require an ...
Special coloured labels have been attached near or actually on some of the components of your Fiat Punto. These labels bear symbols that remind you of the precautions to be taken as regards that p ...