Use only compact chains, or other traction aids that meet SAE type “Class S” specifications. Chains must be the proper size for the vehicle, as recommended by the chain manufacturer.
NOTE: Do not use tire chains on a compact spare tire.
To avoid damage to your vehicle or tires, observe the following precautions:
• Use Security Chain Company (SCC) SCC Z6 low profile or equivalent chains on 185/55R15
• Because of restricted chain clearance between tires and other suspension components, it is important that only chains in good condition are used. Broken chains can cause serious damage. Stop the vehicle immediately if noise occurs that could indicate chain breakage. Remove the damaged parts of the chain before further use.
• Do not exceed 45 mph (70 km/h).
• Drive cautiously and avoid severe turns and large bumps, especially with a loaded vehicle.
• Install chains on the front wheels as tightly as possible and then retighten after driving about 0.5 mile (0.8 km).
• Do not drive for prolonged periods of time on dry pavement.
• Observe the tire chain manufacturer’s instructions on the method of installation, operating speed, and conditions for use. Always use the lower suggested operating speed of the chain manufacturer, if different from the speed recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
Always use the lower suggested operating speed if the chain manufacturer and vehicle manufacturer suggest different maximum speeds. This notice applies to all chain traction devices, including link and cable (radial) chains.
(*) Or every 3 years for particularly demanding use: - cold/hot climates; - driving in the city idling for a long time; - dusty roads or roads covered with sand and/or salt Or every 5 years, r ...
22. Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Activation /Malfunction Indicator Light
The ESC Activation/Malfunction Indicator Light in the instrument cluster will come on for four seconds when the ignition switch is turned to the ON/RUN position. If the ESC Activation/Malfunctio ...
Windows Mobile™-based FIAT BLUE&ME™ is a personal telematic system enabling you to use communication and entertainment applications expressly designed for use in the car. The BLUE&ME™ sys ...