Before leaving the vehicle, make sure that the parking brake is fully applied. Also, be certain to leave manual transmission in REVERSE or first gear.
The parking brake lever is located in the center console.
To apply the parking brake, pull the lever up as firmly as possible. To release the parking brake, pull the lever up slightly, press the center button, then lower the lever completely.
When the parking brake is applied with the ignition switch in the MAR (ACC/ON/RUN) position, the Brake Warning Light in the instrument cluster will illuminate.
When parking on a hill, it is important to turn the front wheels toward the curb on a downhill grade and away from the curb on an uphill grade. The parking brake should always be applied whenever the driver is not in the vehicle.
• Never leave children alone in a vehicle, or with access to an unlocked vehicle.
• Allowing children to be in a vehicle unattended is dangerous for a number of reasons. A child or others could be seriously or fatally injured. Children should be warned not to touch the parking brake, brake pedal or the shift lever.
• Do not leave the key fob in or near the vehicle, and do not leave the ignition in the MAR (ACC/ON/RUN) position. A child could operate power windows, other controls, or move the vehicle.
• Be sure the parking brake is fully disengaged before driving; failure to do so can lead to brake failure and a collision.
• Always fully apply the parking brake when leaving your vehicle, or it may roll and cause damage or injury. Also, be certain to leave a manual transmission in REVERSE or first gear. Failure to do so may cause the vehicle to roll and cause damage or injury.
If the Brake Warning Light remains on with the parking brake released, a brake system malfunction is indicated. Have the brake system serviced by an authorized dealer immediately.
Follow me home
The warning light on the dial comes on (on certain versions together with the message on the display) when the "Follow me home" device is activated (see "Follow me home" in ...
Front direction indicators
To change the bulb, proceed as follows: 1) Turn the bulb holder A-fig. 18 and remove it. 2) Remove bulb by pushing it slightly and turning it anticlockwise (bayonet coupling). ...
Engine Oil Filter
The engine oil filter should be replaced with a new filter at every engine oil change. Engine Oil Filter Selection All of this manufacturer’s engines have a full-flow type disposable oil filter. ...