• You can launch the vehicle from a stop in first, second, or third gear. The system will ignore attempts to shift into a higher gear if the engine speed is too low. An audible beep will sound if an inappropriate gear is selected.
• When coming to a stop, the transmission will downshift through the gears based on vehicle speed. When the vehicle is at a stop, first gear will be selected.
• Starting out in second or third gear can be helpful in snow or icy conditions. To select second or third gear after the vehicle is brought to a stop, tap the shift lever rearward (+) once or twice.
• Avoid using speed control when AutoStick is engaged because the transmission will not shift automatically.
• Transmission shifting will be more noticeable when AutoStick is engaged.
• If a downshift would cause the engine to over-speed, that shift will not occur until it is safe for the engine.
An audible beep will sound if an inappropriate gear is selected.
• The transmission will automatically upshift when necessary to prevent engine over-speed.
• Mostly the transmission will stay in the manually selected ratio, however: − If the system detects powertrain overheating, the transmission will revert to a special automatic shift mode and remain in that mode until the powertrain cools off.
− If the system detects a problem, it will disable the AutoStick mode and the transmission will return to the automatic mode until the problem is corrected.
If an exterior light burns out
Alterations or repairs to the electric system not carried out correctly and without taking into account the system specifications may cause failures and the risk of fire. See “If a bulb burns ou ...
Convertible Top Care – If Equipped
NOTE: Lubricate the top rails with Berulub FR 43 every 2000 cycles or if scratching noises due to dust are present. CAUTION! Failure to follow these cautions may cause interior water damage, sta ...
Cigar Lighter — If Equipped
WARNING! When the cigar lighter is in use it becomes very hot. To avoid serious injury, handle the cigar lighter with care. Always check that the cigar lighter has turned off. ...