This chapter describes the operation of the CD MP3 player.
NOTE: Layer-3 audio decoding technology is licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson multimedia.
In addition to playing regular audio CDs, the radio is also enabled to play CDROMs on which compressed audio files have been recorded in an MP3 format.
To guarantee optimal reproduction, it is advisable to use good quality CDs burned at the lowest speed possible.
The files on an MP3 CD are structured in folders that create lists of all the folders containing MP3 tracks (folders or subfolders are all on the same level). The folders that do not contain MP3 tracks cannot be selected.
The specifications and operating conditions for playing MP3 files are the following:
• The CD-ROMs used should be burned in accordance with ISO standard 9660.
• The music files should have the extension “.mp3” or “.wma” files with a different extension will not be reproduced.
• The sampling frequencies that can be reproduced are: 44.1 kHz, stereo (from 96 to 320 kbit/s) – 22.05 kHz, mono or stereo (from 32 to 80 kbit/s).
• Tracks with a variable bit-rate can be reproduced.
NOTE: The track names must not include the following characters: spaces, ‘ (apostrophes), ( and ) (open and close brackets). During the burning of a MP3 CD, make sure that the names of the files do not contain these characters; if not, the radio will not be able to play the tracks involved.
Selecting MP3 Sessions With Hybrid Discs
If a hybrid disc is inserted (Mixed Mode, Enhanced, CD-Extra) also containing MP3 files, the radio automatically starts playing the audio session. It is possible to move to the MP3 session while playing by keeping the CD button pressed for more than 2 seconds.
NOTE: When the function is activated the radio may take a few seconds to start playing. While checking the disc the display will show “CD Reading.” If no MP3 files are detected, the radio will resume playing the audio session from the point where it was interrupted.
Environment and economy
The Fiat Doblò will be launched with four engines with 5 or 6 speed gearboxes, all designed and made by FPT - Fiat Powertrain Technologies: 1.3 Multijet II 16v - 90 HP (Euro 4); 1.6 Multij ...
15. Tire Pressure Monitoring Telltale Light
Each tire, including the spare (if provided), should be checked monthly when cold and inflated to the inflation pressure recommended by the vehicle manufacturer on the vehicle placard or tire in ...
Lap/Shoulder Belt Operating Instructions
1. Enter the vehicle and close the door. Sit back and adjust the seat. 2. The seat belt latch plate is along side the pillar near the back of your seat. Grasp the latch plate and pull out the belt. ...