• Ensure that the outer surface and the underside of the rear bumper is clean and clear of snow, ice, mud, dirt or other obstruction to keep the Rear Park Assist system operating properly.
• Jackhammers, large trucks, and other vibrations could affect the performance of Rear Park Assist.
• Clean the Rear Park Assist sensors regularly, taking care not to scratch or damage them. The sensors must not be covered with ice, snow, slush, mud, dirt or debris. Failure to do so can result in the system not working properly. The Rear Park Assist system might not detect an obstacle behind the fascia/bumper, or it could provide a false indication that an obstacle is behind the fascia/bumper.
• Objects such as bicycle carriers, etc., must not be placed within 12 in (30 cm) from the rear fascia/ bumper while driving the vehicle. Failure to do so can result in the system misinterpreting a close object as a sensor problem, causing a failure indication to be displayed in the instrument cluster.
• Rear Park Assist is only a parking aid and it is unable to recognize every
obstacle, including small obstacles. Parking curbs might be temporarily detected
or not detected at all. Obstacles located above or below the sensors will not be
detected when they are in close proximity.
• The vehicle must be driven slowly when using Rear Park Assist in order to be able to stop in time when an obstacle is detected. It is recommended that the driver looks over his/her shoulder when using Rear Park Assist.
• Drivers must be careful when backing up even when using the Rear Park Assist system. Always check carefully behind your vehicle, look behind you, and be sure to check for pedestrians, animals, other vehicles, obstructions, and blind spots before backing up. You are responsible for safety and must continue to pay attention to your surroundings.
Failure to do so can result in serious injury or death.
• Before using the Rear Park Assist system, it is strongly recommended that the ball mount and hitch ball assembly is disconnected from the vehicle when the vehicle is not used for towing.
Failure to do so can result in injury or damage to vehicles or obstacles because the hitch ball will be much closer to the obstacle than the rear fascia when the loudspeaker sounds the continuous tone. Also, the sensors could detect the ball mount and hitch ball assembly, depending on its size and shape, giving a false indication that an obstacle is behind the vehicle.
Move slider (B) to . This function is particularly useful when the outside air is heavily polluted (in a traffic jam, tunnel, etc.). However, it is better not to use it for long periods, especial ...
If an accident occurs
– It is important to keep calm. – If you are not directly involved in the accident, stop at least ten meters away from the accident. – If you are on a motorway, do not obstruct the emergency lane ...
Put on the protection gloves provided together with quick tyre repair kit. – Pull up the handbrake. Loosen tyre inflation valve cap, take out the filler hose A-fig. 16c and screw the ring nut B-fi ...