Exhaust gases can injure or kill. They contain carbon monoxide (CO), which
is colorless and odorless.
Breathing it can make you unconscious and can eventually poison you. To avoid breathing (CO), follow these safety tips:
• Do not run the engine in a closed garage or in confined areas any longer than
needed to move your vehicle in or out of the area.
• If you are required to drive with the trunk/liftgate open, make sure that all windows are closed and the climate control BLOWER switch is set at high speed. DO NOT use the recirculation mode.
• If it is necessary to sit in a parked vehicle with the engine running, adjust your heating or cooling controls to force outside air into the vehicle. Set the blower at high speed.
The best protection against carbon monoxide entry into the vehicle body is a properly maintained engine exhaust system.
Whenever a change is noticed in the sound of the exhaust system, when exhaust fumes can be detected inside the vehicle, or when the underside or rear of the vehicle is damaged, have a competent mechanic inspect the complete exhaust system and adjacent body areas for broken, damaged, deteriorated, or mispositioned parts. Open seams or loose connections could permit exhaust fumes to seep into the passenger compartment. In addition, inspect the exhaust system each time the vehicle is raised for lubrication or oil change. Replace as required.
Starting Do not warm the engine when the vehicle is stationary or at high or low revs: in this way the engine will warm up gradually increasing consumption and emissions. You should drive off slo ...
1. Glow Plug Light — If Equipped
The Glow Plug light will flash during engine oil viscosity sensor measurement in cold weather. During this measurement (up to 10 seconds), the starter will be disabled. If the measured oil visc ...
Front Turn Signal, Parking And Daytime RunningLamps
1. Turn the steering wheel completely to the left or right. 2. Open the wheel housing access door. 3. Remove the plastic cap from the back of the lamp housing. 4. Rotate bulb/socket counter-clock ...