Children who are large enough to wear the shoulder belt comfortably, and whose legs are long enough to bend over the front of the seat when their back is against the seatback, should use the lap/shoulder belt in a rear seat.
• Make sure that the child is upright in the seat.
• The lap portion should be low on the hips and as snug as possible.
• Check belt fit periodically. A child’s squirming or slouching can move the belt out of position.
• If the shoulder belt contacts the face or neck, move the child closer to the center of the vehicle. Never allow a child to put the shoulder belt under an arm or behind their back.
Here are some tips on getting the most out of your child restraint:
• Before buying any restraint system, make sure that it has a label certifying
that it meets all applicable Safety Standards. FIAT Group Automobiles also recommends
that you make sure that you can install the child restraint in the vehicle where
you will use it, before you buy it.
• The restraint must be appropriate for your child’s weight and height. Check the label on the restraint for weight and height limits.
• Carefully follow the instructions that come with the restraint. If you install the restraint improperly, it may not work when you need it.
NOTE: For additional information, refer to www.seatcheck.org or call 1–866–SEATCHECK. Canadian residents should refer to Transport Canada’s website for additional information: http://www.tc.gc.ca/ roadsafety/safedrivers/childsafety/index.htm
Extending the boot
Single rear seat Proceed as follows: ❒ fasten the seat buckles to the tabs on the seat back (as shown by arrows); ❒ check that the webbing (A) of each of the two side seat belts is ...
1 — U.S. DOT Safety Standards Code (TIN) 4 — Maximum Load 2 — Size Designation 5 — Maximum Pressure 3 — Service Description 6 — Treadwear, Traction and Temperature Grades NOTE: • P (Passeng ...
The key can be turned to 4 different positions fig. 26: – STOP: engine off, key can be removed, steering column locked. Some electrical devices can be worked (e.g. sound system, electric window wi ...